|DATE:||June 22, 2018|
|POSITION:||Senior Manager, Residential & Co-op Housing Programs
|LOCATION:||YouthLink Residence – East Scarborough|
|REPORTS TO:||Director, Client Services|
|This position is responsible for managing all functions within a nine bed residential treatment home and four (16 beds total) supportive co-op houses for transitional aged youth: including recruitment, supervision and training of staff, ensuring an effective treatment team, managing the provision of service, handling key client issues and crises, and ensuring all safety policies and procedures in place and well monitored.
The program uses a collaborative, individualized and flexible approach sensitive to each young person’s unique needs and abilities. Key principles underlying the program philosophy include that the youth are ‘experts’ in what is working for them and not working for them in their lives, that change will occur for young people when they learn new skills, that they are doing the best they can and that they will act and/or do better when they are safer, happier, supported by trusting adults and feel better understood by those who care for them.
• Provides clinical supervision to staff at the agency’s residence and co-op programs. Plans, guides and monitors the treatment of all program participants. Develops, monitors and evaluates program planning and delivery.
• Oversees all Residence & Co-op staff recruitment and liaises with Human Resources personnel. Maintains staff complement, provides program orientation, performance management and evaluation, team building, training, and assesses training and development needs for staff. Co-ordinates community college placements.
• Leads staff through the treatment planning process, approves and guides decisions related to the young women’s treatment process and decisions related to the overall functioning of the program, including household routines. Ensures that the team is meeting its service plan goals. Ensures that staff administers and documents appropriate medical care and medications.
• Develops and manages the budgets related to the programs; monitors expenditures and reports variances. Co-ordinates the residential finances including processing billings, weekly expenses allocation and reporting, petty cash and year-end process.
• Liaises with Manager, IT & Facilities & Director, Finance & Administration in overseeing and managing all co-operative housing & Residence properties including maintenance needs, IT needs, property assessments and negotiates trade contracts.
• Provides on-call support to front-line staff and mentors during crises, concerns, and safety issues, and ensures the administration of incident reports and filing of serious occurrence reports.
• Oversees program intake. Liaises with the Clinical Counsellor and meets, assesses and recommends youth for admissions to available spaces in the residence and co-op housing.
• Manages the provision of service, monitors workload, ensures adherence to legislative requirements including preparing and managing the annual licensing process, and ensures that all in-house procedures are maintained safely. Prepares reports for quality assurance, accreditation and monthly reports for the Board.
• Works with Ministry of Community & Youth Services (MCYS), community partners (transitional housing providers, CARS, residential manager committees etc.)
• Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall Plan.
• Takes all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect his or her own health and safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices established by YouthLink.
|· Diploma in Child & Youth Worker / Degree in Child & Youth Care / Master’s Degree in Social Work or related discipline.|
|EXPERIENCE:||· Five (5) years’ experience in residential programs e.g. residential treatment, shelter, transitional housing or group homes.
· Two (2) years’ management & supervisory experience preferably in a non-profit unionized environment.
· Demonstrated administrative experience in tracking, monitoring and working within approved program budget an important asset.
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of psychological issues and societal factors that impact mental and physical health of adolescent females gained through working in a residential setting.
· Demonstrated understanding of strength based, relational and client directed residential treatment.
· Knowledge of trauma and attachment theory and intervention skills; adolescent development.
· Demonstrated understanding of cultural diversity and ability to integrate a cross cultural practice and support in an anti-oppression environment.
· Knowledge of mental health issues and interventions; knowledge of adolescent development, family dynamics.
· Sound understanding of MCYS licensing procedures and legislation.
|REQUIRED SKILLS:||· Demonstrated organizational, time management, communication (verbal and written), problem solving, conflict resolution, crisis management, interpersonal skills, and strategic leadership skills.
· Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated ability to positively guide and lead team dynamics and interpersonal conflict.
· Demonstrated ability to manage crisis, make difficult decisions and effectively balance client and program needs during the decision making process.
· Ability to manage finances, the budgeting process and administration.
· Good organizational and group facilitation skills.
· Ability to speak French is an asset.
|ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:||· Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
· Medical clearances including up to date vaccinations and tuberculosis testing.
|HOURS OF WORK:||35 hours per week. This position is required to be on-call.|
|SALARY:||YouthLink offers a competitive salary and benefit package.|
|APPLY IN WRITING TO:||email@example.com – please quote File #1014 subject line|
|CLOSING DATE:||Open until filled.|
YouthLink values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to equity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return to Job Postings, please click HERE.