Hearts were thumping at YouthLink’s Golf FORE youth to thrive! charity golf classic this past September 24th. Over 100 golfers, some assisted by 4 NHL alumni, were out on the links raising fun and funds for YouthLink’s soon-to-be-launched Transition Home and Emergency Shelter and other programs.
Another 36 people joined in the evening celebration dinner where friendships new and old were fed with stories from the day, and the winners of the door prize, the live and silent auctions, and the 50/50 draw were determined.
The golf competition was fierce, with a 3-way tie for the top spot. Our congratulations, again, go out to the following:
- Overall tournament winner, with a team score of 60: E. Shendelman, B. Kanter, J. Riva and D. Lanys
- Winning women’s team, with a score of 68: B. Rashotte, L. Campbell, J. MacDonald and S. Brennan
- Winning mixed team, with a score of 69: W. Shaw, D. Law, G. Rogerson and V. Pond
- Closest to the pin: (Men) E. Shewdy; (Women) S. Albert
- Longest drive: (Women) L. Hollins; (Men) A. Priest
- Putting contest: N. Sidoti
- Closest to Hilda: S. Koon
A special word of thanks to our sponsors who helped make the day extra special: Nellie Chowbay of BMO Wealth Management, Michel Lozier Realtor, Harrell-Mannone Inc., Donway Ford, Shendy’s Swim Centre, Metroland Media, Corporate Cravings, Noble Linens, Rosewood Estates Winery and Lost Craft Beer.
Keep up the practice everyone. We look forward to a re-match next year!