MANAGER, YOUTH TRANSITIONAL HOUSING AND SHELTER PROGRAMS (2 POSITIONS)
Permanent, Full-time FILE #: 1020
POSTING DATE: August 13, 2018 / CLOSING DATE: August 27, 2018
LOCATION: 747 Warden Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1L 4A8
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Youth Transitional Housing and Shelter Program
Working with the management team, the Manager, Youth Transitional Housing and Shelter, is responsible for the daily management of the Youth Transitional Housing and Shelter Program (YTHSP). This includes managing functions of intake, food preparation and house management, case management, data collection, security, housing referral, partnerships for referral sources; programming for youth, providing clinical consultation and direction to staff working in the shelter as well as input into the client treatment planning process.
- Works to ensure youth in the shelter system have optimal outcomes by providing intense case management and programming.
- Working with the management team will involve the following elements:
- Manages the day to day operations of the YTHSP. Works with all staff on the development and implementation of the YTHSP. Participates in the overall activities of the shelter and the organization, for example: in service training, committees and special events.
- Participates in YOUTHLINK’s commitment to a discrimination free environment.
- Ensures for the timely processing of relevant personal forms and processes including attendance management, time sheets, requests for time off and performance evaluations.
- Monitors the Collective Agreement and necessary legislation.
- Ensures the provision of housing-focused case management, including triage, screening, assessment, individualized service planning, case conferencing, brokering, referrals and transition to follow-up.
- Ensures that staff conduct intake assessments for shelter referrals including: screening clients to assess appropriateness and fit to our service; ensuring that all current and background information is recorded that might be relevant to the treatment matching and planning process.
- Participates and collaborates on all program admission decisions; participates in weekly triage teleconferences with Centralized Access to Shelter Services.
- Ensures the provision of client programming to meet client needs and support the client’s journey to independent living. Programming may include recreation, employment, life skills, substance abuse recovery, harm reduction, and trauma counselling. Client programming will be customized and tailored to client needs. Assists with funding proposals as needed as required.
- Ensures the provision of community engagement & partnerships including referral, liaison & service resolution, establishment of a Peer Program, shared community programming, development of community relations & outreach. Program logistics include developing formalized service partnerships, referrals, development of community relations strategies, collaborating on joint community events, developing participant agreements with agencies and community partners to achieve optimal results.
- Ensure excellence in data collection & reporting, including developing a measurement framework, including fidelity measures, a data management system, regular reporting on both KPIs and system indicators, evaluation reports, data analysis for program and outcome evaluation, presentations to management and Board, conducting evidence based research and addressing funder requirements.
- Actively contributes to YouthLink’s strategic plan and service plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall plans.
- Takes all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect his or her own health and safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices established by YouthLink.
- Undergraduate Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related discipline.
- Training in shelter and/or residential operations for youth and young adults.
- CPI, UMAB or equivalent.
- Training in the following is an asset: clinical counselling models such as CBT, Narrative, Solution-Focused, evidence-based practices, outcome informed approaches, trauma assessment, diversity and anti-oppression, data collection and analysis.
- Five (5) years’ experience working with youth in underserved communities.
- Two (2) years’ demonstrated management experience including budgeting, planning, performance management, problem solving.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in the area of residential services, housing, or the shelter system.
- Demonstrated experience of case management, intake assessment and bed management; broad knowledge of theories, principles and practices of shelter and/or residential treatment is required.
- Detailed understanding of the high-need, complex youth population, their needs and appropriate responses.
- High level of administrative skills including data management and tracking associated with the day to day operation of shelter.
- Knowledge of Scarborough community services, relevant legislation, education system, and social justice and other issues such as human trafficking, poverty, LBGTQi youth, youth justice, substance abuse.
- Familiarity with suicide/risk assessment and crisis support services.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages and/ or other languages is an asset.
- This position will require occasional evening and weekend hours. This position is also required to participate in a weekend on-call rotation.
- Minimal travelling required.
- Medical clearances including up to date vaccinations and tuberculosis testing.
- Current Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
SALARY: YouthLink offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
APPLY IN WRITING TO: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote File #1020 in subject line.
YouthLink values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to equity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process please contact email@example.com.