YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
We welcome applications from candidates who reflect the communities we serve, particularly candidates from Black communities, Indigenous communities, and racialized people, persons with disabilities, members of diverse gender identities and people with lived experiences. We are seeking candidates who demonstrably operate and practice from an equity and trauma-informed lens. We encourage applications from passionate professionals who will help us dismantle systemic barriers and will embrace working outside of Euro-centric practices.
YouthLink Benefits are Top of Class!
- Competitive pay
- Health & dental coverage for you and your family with 100% premium cost paid by employer.
- Annual vacation with pay at 1.66 working days for each calendar month to a maximum of 20 working days per year.
- 5 ‘authorized absence’ days for family illness or emergency circumstances that prohibit employees from reporting to work.
- 3 paid agency days every calendar year after 3 calendar months service.
- Maternity / parental /adoption leave top-up payments (to top-up Canadian government unemployment benefit payments).
- 100% premium cost for long-term disability coverage paid by employee.
- Eligibility to participate in pension plan after 2 years of continuous service with generous matching contribution from employer.
Coordinator – Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Specialist
(Contract Full-Time, 35 hours/week)
Starting ASAP – July 1st, 2025
Non-Bargaining Unit Position
Centering Anti-Black Racism in our systems and policies, this position will create a fair and equitable workplace for our Black staff. Taking direction from the HR team and an elder from the Black community, the DEI Specialist will conduct an assessment of systems using an equity and ABR lens to identify areas that require modernization; analyze current HR policies and processes using an equity lens; map opportunities for improvement; implement opportunities including arranging needed training and evaluation.
As an employer, we are committed to building an agency that reflect the diversity and needs of our clients and workforce. Identification as a member of the Black/African Canadian community, Indigenous community or racialized community is required for this position.
Highlights of Your Role
- Works alongside HR to conduct a policy analysis using an equity lens
- Supports the Human Resource Department with evaluation, quality improvement and other data analysis to examine trends and assess effectiveness.
- Provides updates on required policies to enhance bias free hiring and equitable outcomes
- Conduct a systems assessment to identify areas of modernization
- Identify areas of staff development needed to implement modernization plan
- Organize capacity building initiatives needed to implement an agency-wide modernization plan
- Takes direction from elders in the Black Community and the ABR committee
- Develops a roadmap to bring YouthLink into utilizing current technology, including paperless options and creating policies and protocols to support these new initiatives
- Identify evaluation gaps within the agency
- Works alongside evaluators to ensure initiatives are being measured appropriately
- Creates and sustains positive working relationships with all departments to effectively address system challenges.
- Works with external consultants, as needed.
- Conducts all work utilizing an equity and ABR lens
- Values and respects self-care, self-awareness, humility, and open-mindedness.
Supports Organization’s Strategy:
- Actively contributes to the organization’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall plan.
All other job duties as required.
Highlights of What You Bring
- A Bachelor’s degree in Equity Studies or Social Work or Education or related equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success of 2 years’ experience in driving strategic HR operational initiatives.
- 2 years’ experience in policy analysis and development using an equity lens.
- Vocal and demonstrated leadership on anti-oppression, equity, inclusion and anti-racism. Lived experience and identification with a Black or racialized community.
- Experienced in conflict resolution and issues management.
- Strong ability to utilize an Equity/ABR lens in all areas of work.
- Exceptional ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated conceptual and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with program evaluation and quality improvement methodology.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours; up to two (2) evenings per week.
- Proficiency in French is an asset.
636 Kennedy Road, Scarborough.
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/JD-Coordinator-EDI-Specialist-Oct-2023-1.pdf
How to Apply:
- Submit application to email@example.com – Please quote posting #1388 in the subject line.
- YouthLink is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We believe lived experience is an aspect of what makes an individual qualified for a role. As such, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Posting closing deadline – Open Until Filled.