JOB POSTING File #1053
Based in Scarborough, YouthLink provides a range of mental health services proven to build resiliency & improve life outcomes for youth at risk.
Last year we reached out to more than 8700 young people and their families, helping youth to build connections with caring adults, develop their strengths, build new skills and pursue their goals for a more promising future. With the right support, guidance and opportunities, we believe that all youth can achieve their potential to succeed.
Visit our website www.youthlink.ca for more information.
December 20th , 2018
Administrative Assistant/ Data Management
Pathways to Education, Scarborough Village
Temporary, Full-time (12 Month Contract)
Maternity/ Parental Leave Replacement
Starting ASAP – Mid February 2020
Bargaining Unit Position
1- 3545 Kingston Road, Scarborough, Ontario M1M 1R6
Senior Manager, Pathways to Education
This position is responsible for supporting the administrative workflow for the program including: data inputting & integrity, student/funder reporting, monitoring and distributing student financial supports, reception, mail/courier, client files, supplies, system troubleshooting and general administrative tasks.
• Creates, prepares & maintains, active, pending and withdrawn/graduated student file system (including electronic & physical records) & participates in file audits. Reports student data to Pathways Canada in accordance with information sharing agreements.
• Ensures that data integrity is maintained and audits/troubleshoots data related processes and reports within the PASS (Pathways Academic Student System) database system as per Pathways Canada information sharing agreements and research requirements. Takes a lead in ensuring program attendance & student data is consistent.
• Works with site staff to take the lead on student participation updates; registration cycles, as well as manages other mail/courier functions for program participants & partners regularly.
• Works with team members as a key user to train, troubleshoot & support their learning in the PASS database system & various Microsoft application requirements.
• Maintains records on distribution of budget items (office supplies, student financial supports, petty cash). Orders, distributes and reconciles student weekly financial supports in accordance with the program.
• Provides information, referrals, &/or redirects client enquiries in person or by telephone.
• Works with Senior Program Manager to develop systems to ensure program efficiencies, including maintaining a calendar of staff attendance, room bookings & other logistics. Places orders for supplies & ensures all relevant office deliveries.
• Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan and Pathways Service Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall Plans.
• Takes all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect own health & safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures & safe practices established by YouthLink.
• Diploma / Degree in business, administrative services, computer applications or a combination of directly related education and experience.
• Two (2) years’ experience working in a similar role in a community based organization.
• Demonstrated experience working with databases, filing, budgets, petty cash systems.
• Experience working in a non-profit and working with at risk youth and families as well as with community based referrals is an asset.
• Knowledge of Scarborough based school systems and referral supports is an asset.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft software applications: CRM, power point, word, excel and publisher, as well as SharePoint.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to speak a second language spoken within the community an asset.
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
HOURS OF WORK:
35 hours per week with occasional evening hours.
$38,633 – 44,304
APPLY IN WRITING TO:
email@example.com – please quote File #1053 in subject line
January 10th, 2019
YouthLink values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to equity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org