Fee for Service: Clinical Supervision Deadline Due By: Dec 10th, 2021 at 5 pm Contract Term – 6 months with possibility of extension
YouthLink is a youth and family serving non-profit community service provider based in Scarborough. We provide a range of services to young people and their families including counselling, shelter and housing, residential treatment, education supports, in-home family wrap-around supports and community outreach.
Our Counselling Programs consists of a mix of single-session walk-in services for youth and family members [youth aged 0-24 and/or their caregivers] and ongoing therapy [youth age 12-21], that sometimes involves caregiver support in sessions. We are currently in the process of expanding our services to provide brief therapy [youth aged 12 – 24] and short term family therapy [youth aged 12 – 24 and caregivers].
Therapeutic approach: We approach our therapy with young people and their families from a place that assumes healing is possible; strength based trauma informed practice is and an attachment lens is at the heart of our clinical practice. CBT, Narrative Therapy, IFS, DBT, BSFT and Family Systems are among a number of the therapeutic approaches utilized. Mental Health impacts the entire family, we therefore strive to treat each youth in the context of their family as a youth’s best chance at mental wellness occurs when a family member or caregiver is positively involved in the outcome. We believe in the social ecology of young people and their place in the centre of family, the community, their culture, and their identity. As such, our therapeutic approach works to build those ecological connections, and recognizes the systems of oppression (i.e. racism) that can affect the healing journey.
- To provide excellent, values-aligned, clinical supervision to licensed psychotherapist
- To have outside analysis and feedback on documentation
Scope of Work:
We are looking for an independent contractor to provide clinical supervision for our team of 13.2 FTE clinical counsellors on an ongoing basis.
Individual Clinical Supervision with staff would be conducted monthly = 1 – 1.5 hours of face-to-face (virtual or in person) per clinical counsellor on staff [15 – 20 hours depending on staff compliment].
Supervision documentation in accordance with Licensed Governing Body Requirements = 3 – 5 hours per month.
Documentation reviews would include review and editing of Clinical Assessments, Treatment Reviews and End of Service Reports = 5-10 hours per month and case file reviews = 10 – 15 hours per month.
Monthly meetings with the Director of Clinical Services for updates on progress = 1-2 hours per month
Approximately 34 – 52 hours total per month.
Evaluation Metrics and Criteria
- A seasoned psychotherapist who has been working for a minimum of 5 years.
- Two (2) years clinical supervisory experience.
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of coursework in Clinical Supervision and recognized by CRPO, CAMFT or other regulatory or licensing bodies as a Clinical Supervisor.
- Solid understanding of attachment theory, strength based, client directed, brief intervention, trauma informed practices and the multigenerational lens that is needed to provide family therapy.
- Proven experience working with counsellors or psychotherapists who are working with youth; specific experience required in working with BIPOC youth.
- Rates must meet our available budget.
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance.
- Proof of full COVID 19 Vaccination required.
- Letter of interest with current rate, inclusive of HST.
- Credentials of professional designation
- 3 references for clinical and supervisory work
Submit application to: email@example.com Please Quote: #1224 (on the subject line while submitting application)