YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
We welcome applications from candidates who reflect the communities we serve, particularly candidates from Black communities, Indigenous communities, and racialized people, persons with disabilities, members of diverse gender identities and people with lived experiences. We are seeking candidates who demonstrably operate and practice from an equity and trauma-informed lens. We encourage applications from passionate professionals who will help us dismantle systemic barriers and will embrace working outside of Euro-centric practices.
YouthLink Benefits are Top of Class!
- Competitive pay
- Health & dental coverage for you and your family with 100% premium cost paid by employer.
- Annual vacation with pay at 1.66 working days for each calendar month to a maximum of 20 working days per year.
- 5 ‘authorized absence’ days for family illness or emergency circumstances that prohibit employees from reporting to work.
- 3 paid agency days every calendar year after 3 calendar months service.
- Maternity / parental /adoption leave top-up payments (to top-up Canadian government unemployment benefit payments).
- 100% premium cost for long-term disability coverage paid by employee.
- Eligibility to participate in pension plan after 2 years of continuous service with generous matching contribution from employer.
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES
(Permanent full-time, 35 hours/week)
(Non-Bargaining Unit position)
As the Manager, Human Resources, you will be part of a team who share a passion for supporting youth. Reporting to the Senior Manager, People & Culture, you will provide ongoing human resource and people management support and advice to leaders in a unionized environment. You will collaborate with program and service leaders to provide support in the following areas: recruitment and selection, onboarding, HRIS, performance management, payroll and benefits administration, health & safety oversight and employee relations
Highlights of Your Role
Recruiting top talent:
Partners with leadership on bias-free recruitment strategies that will bring in top talent. Conducts full cycle recruitment activities for full-time, contract, casual employees & student placements in close co-ordination with leadership.
Onboarding to build a culture:
Facilitates onboarding processes and orientation sessions for new employees, student placements and casual employees, ensuring new team members are fully immersed in the YouthLink approach.
Equity, Diversity and Belonging:
Proactively and enthusiastically stays updated on best practices as it relates Equity, Diversity and Belonging and organizational development. Works collaboratively with ABR Committee and Director of Anti-Racism, Equity and Belonging to embed best practices into all programs, operational goals and processes. Has a particularly deep understanding of applying an Anti-Black Racism lens and is keenly interested in deepening that knowledge.
Ensures staff are supported with benefits and pay:
Oversees payroll, time and attendance and benefits administration for the organization. Supports the processing of payroll and addresses any issues that have escalated. Feeds information about benefit questions or concerns back to organization to identify opportunities to improve employee benefits.
Facilitates Union partnership and supports Employee Relations:
Works with program and service leadership to ensure full compliance with the Collective Agreement. Works with the HR team to address any grievances. Confident in conducting and supporting mediation sessions with the goal of restoration amongst the team. Understands when investigations are necessary and can facilitate the process. Assists in conducting regular CA training and coaching with leadership.
Oversees Health & Safety Program:
Assist the employer in developing and implementing health & safety policies and program requirements in collaboration with the Health & Safety Committee. Ensures organization’s compliance with health and safety legislation and due diligence; acts a liaison between executive team and Health & Safety Committee. Responds to legislative health and safety requirements. Identifies employee training needs and recommends resources. Oversees return to work program for injured employees.
Ensuring Employee Data Integrity:
Ensures accurate employees’ data, including conducting periodic audits of personnel files and ADP records. Generates ADP reports to facilitate management planning. Supports modernization efforts of processes and oversees updates to HRIS.
Supports Organization’s Strategy:
Actively contributes to the organization’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall plan.
Additional duties as required.
Highlights of What You Bring
- Undergraduate diploma/degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent combination of directly related qualifications and experience. Working towards a CHRP/CHRL designation is a strong asset.
- Coursework that demonstrates your desire for continual learning in Equity, Diversity and Belonging practices in HR.
- Five or more years’ relevant experience in a general human resources role or in a specialty area. Sound working knowledge and understanding of relevant Employment Standards and Human Rights legislation.
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment and selection and payroll administration a strong asset.
- Working experience in ADP’s HR / Benefits and Workforce Now an asset.
- Health & Safety knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Experience working in a unionized environment an asset.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully and professional at all times.
- Excellent leadership, administrative, organizational, problem solving and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated skill in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion practices, and specifically using an Anti-Black Racism lens.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain a high level of employee trust.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, shift priorities, handle interruption and meet deadlines.
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy.
- Bilingual (French/English), or the ability to communicate in other languages that reflect the communities we serve, considered an asset
- Creates Vision and Strategy
- Mobilizes People though leadership, guidance, empathy and coaching
- Collaborates with Partners and Stakeholders
- Fosters Learning, Promotes Innovation and Effectively Guides Change
- Achieve Results and Ensuring Accountability
- Equity, Inclusion and Belonging with a specific focus on Anti-Black Racism
- Demonstrates Strong Character and Judgement
Full COVID-19 vaccination and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/Manager-Human-Resources-JD-February-2023-Final.pdf
How to Apply
- Submit application to email@example.com –Please quote posting #1338 in the subject line.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Open until filled.