YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
We welcome applications from candidates who reflect the communities we serve, particularly candidates from Black communities, Indigenous communities, and racialized people, persons with disabilities, members of diverse gender identities and people with lived experiences. We are seeking candidates who demonstrably operate and practice from an equity and trauma-informed lens. We encourage applications from passionate professionals who will help us dismantle systemic barriers and will embrace working outside of Euro-centric practices.
YouthLink Benefits are Top of Class!
- Competitive pay
- Health & dental coverage for you and your family with 100% premium cost paid by employer.
- Annual vacation with pay at 1.66 working days for each calendar month to a maximum of 20 working days per year.
- 5 ‘authorized absence’ days for family illness or emergency circumstances that prohibit employees from reporting to work.
- 3 paid agency days every calendar year after 3 calendar months’ service.
- Maternity / parental /adoption leave top-up payments (to top-up Canadian government unemployment benefit payments).
- 100% premium cost for long-term disability coverage paid by employee.
- Eligibility to participate in pension plan after 2 years of continuous service with generous matching contribution from employer.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant/Data Management
(Contract Full-time 35 hours per week)
(Starting ASAP – December 4, 2023)
(Bargaining Unit Position)
This position is responsible for supporting the administrative workflow for the program including: data inputting & integrity, volunteer support, student/funder reporting, monitoring, ordering and tracking student financial supports, reception, mail/courier, client files, and supplies, system troubleshooting and general administrative tasks.
Highlights of Your Role
Responds to volunteering inquiries and schedule time to meet with Manager, Academic Supports and Volunteer Engagement. Supports with marketing, volunteer event and program events as well as preparation of all volunteer onboarding materials and presentations. Ensures accuracy and completeness of volunteer files. Takes a lead role in posting in the Program social media outlets such as Instagram and Facebook. Creates files for new students. Maintains, active, pending and withdrawn/graduated student file system (including electronic & physical records) & participates in file audits. Reports student data to Pathways Canada in accordance with information sharing agreements. Maintains records on distribution of budget items (office supplies, student financial supports, and petty cash). Orders, distributes and reconciles student weekly financial supports in accordance with the program. Works with Senior Program Manager to develop systems to ensure program efficiencies, including maintaining a calendar of staff attendance, room bookings & other logistics. Places orders for supplies & ensures all relevant office deliveries.
Works with staff to take the lead on student participation updates; registration cycles, as well as manages other mail/courier functions for program participants & partners regularly. In collaboration with Senior Manager, coordinate program evaluation needs of the Program. Ensures data integrity, audits/troubleshoots data related processes and reports within the PASS (Pathways Academic Student System) database system as per Pathways Canada information sharing agreements and research requirements. Takes a lead in ensuring program attendance & student data is consistent. Works with team members as a key user to train, troubleshoot & support their learning in the PASS database system & various Microsoft application requirements.
Provides information, referrals, &/or redirects client enquiries in person or by telephone. Maintain internal and external program contact lists and facilitates communication and referral. (5% Provides reception support to the Pathways office where applicable, including greeting, screening, directing visitors, etc. Implement disinfecting areas as per the COVID -19-safety measure checklist.
Supports Organization’s Strategy:
Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall Plan.
Takes all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect his or her own health and safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices established by YouthLink
Highlights of What You Bring
- Diploma / Degree in business, administrative services, computer applications or a combination of directly related education and experience.
- Two (2) years experience working in a similar role in a community based organization.
- Demonstrated experience working with databases, filing, budgets, petty cash systems.
- Experience working in a non-profit and working with at risk youth and families as well as with community based referrals is an asset.
- Knowledge of Scarborough based school systems and referral supports is an asset.
- Ability to multi task in a very busy team environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to work with clients and staff to ensure a welcoming, effective and efficient working environment. Able to respond to challenging behaviours calmly and professionally.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, and possess excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and sensitive to, the impact of social, economic, environmental and cultural issues on diverse communities.
- High comfort working with youth and high school population
- Excellent written communication .
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft software applications: CRM, power point, word, excel and publisher, as well as SharePoint.
- Ability to speak a second language spoken within the community an asset.
- Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
- Proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 is required.
- $46,298 – $52,450
- 1 – 3545 Kingston Road, Scarborough.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This position requires occasional evening hours. Minimal travel to community locations. Light lifting of office supplies, moving chairs and tables to set up for meetings.
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Pathways-Administrative-Assistant-Data-Management-Nov-2022.pdf
How to Apply
- Submit application to email@example.com –Please quote posting #1308 in the subject line.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Posting closing date – December 9, 2022