YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
We welcome applications from candidates who reflect the communities we serve, particularly candidates from Black communities, Indigenous communities, and racialized people, persons with disabilities, members of diverse gender identities and people with lived experiences. We are seeking candidates who demonstrably operate and practice from an equity and trauma-informed lens. We encourage applications from passionate professionals who will help us dismantle systemic barriers and will embrace working outside of Euro-centric practices.
YouthLink Benefits are Top of Class!
- Competitive pay
- Health & dental coverage for you and your family with 100% premium cost paid by employer.
- Annual vacation with pay at 1.66 working days for each calendar month to a maximum of 20 working days per year.
- 5 ‘authorized absence’ days for family illness or emergency circumstances that prohibit employees from reporting to work.
- 3 paid agency days every calendar year after 3 calendar months service.
- Maternity / parental /adoption leave top-up payments (to top-up Canadian government unemployment benefit payments).
- 100% premium cost for long-term disability coverage paid by employee.
- Eligibility to participate in pension plan after 2 years of continuous service with generous matching contribution from employer.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant/Data Management
(Permanent Full-Time, 35 hours/week)
Bargaining Unit Position
This position is the public-facing, first point of contact for clients entering our Head Office and is responsible for delivering exceptional client service and assistance. This position leads the smooth operation of the counselling reception area; greeting and assisting clients, responding to enquiries from clients and other service providers, maintaining a clean, welcoming, friendly environment, managing mailing and courier services, copying machines and all other technology, entering and updating data into the EHR as required, opening and closing the office at 636 Kennedy. This position works with a team to provide administrative support to Managers and Directors at YouthLink’s head office.
This position provides administrative assistance to a team of clinicians to provide seamless Single Session Counselling, Brief Therapy, Short Term Treatment for families and Ongoing Therapy at YouthLink’s head office.
This position supports and maintains all of YouthLink’s values, including a commitment to continually improving and embedding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in everything we do.
Highlights of Your Role
Maintaining Welcoming, Efficient Reception: Coordinates and manages the operation of the reception area, greeting of all scheduled and unscheduled visitors and clients, overseeing the completion of self-referral for WUWI, tracking wait times, , tracking and booking session rooms/resources for staff, notifying counsellors and therapists when clients arrive, checking in on waiting clients to ensure their comfort, answering incoming calls and questions, scheduling and rescheduling clients, transferring calls to appropriate staff, distribution of TTC tickets, ordering taxis, receiving mail, preparing and receiving courier services documentation, escorting and monitoring visitors and clients, managing client flow and waiting area, and opening and closing of the office.
Ensures Accurate Data Entry: Accesses the EHR system which houses sensitive and confidential client information with integrity, manages the address book, licenses, worker roles, enters demographics for WUWI clients, submits tickets and follows till resolution, tracks WUWI data and is involved in the compilation of internal KPI’s.
Administrative Support to Senior Team: assists senior team in creating, maintaining or formatting lists, directories, documents. Arranging printing, ordering and distributing materials. Assists with preparing presentations for various groups, provides information for websites, reports, and special events. Assists in the preparations for AGM and supports other events as required.
Supply and Machine Maintenance: Operates and maintains fax, copier and postage machines. Keeps inventory, stocks and maintains company supplies: PPE, office supplies, refreshments, bathroom and cleaning supplies.
Central Ordering: Is the central point of contact for managers/staff to provide required supply orders to. Tracks, orders supplies and follows up on deliveries for all four YouthLink sites from one centralized company.
Document and File Management: Supports organization’s file maintenance, including maintaining electronic document filing and physical records, including preparing files for off-site storage and ensuring proper disposal.
Supports Organization’s Strategy: Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall plan. This includes continual learning to proactively and enthusiastically stay update on best practices as it relates toEquity, Diversity and Belonging and organizational development. .
This position is also expected to take all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect their health and safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices.
All other job duties as required.
Highlights of What You Bring
- College Diploma/Degree in Office Administration, Business Administration, Communications or Marketing.
- 2 years’ experience in an administrative role preferably in a non-profit/charitable organization where maintaining confidentiality was paramount.
- Demonstrated customer/client service skills.
- Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Flexible person, team player with excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to shift priorities, handle interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent telephone skills. Strong client-relations skills.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages and/or other languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to reflection, growth and learning, in particular in the areas of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated, intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook Express, Excel and PowerPoint), other applications, and internet required. Proficiency in Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Project Manager and Sharepoint an asset.
- Ability and discretion to deal tactfully with situations and clients who potentially may have challenging behavior.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, including data-entry accuracy.
- Proof of full COVID 19 Vaccination required.
- VSS Police Reference Check required.
Work Hours and Work Conditions:
- The position requires some light lifting, such as file boxes, office and other supplies.
- This position requires evening hours of 2 evenings per week.
- There may be some risks involved in this position such as clients who have challenging behaviors.
- The position also has some exposure to hazardous chemicals when using machines and maintaining supplies.
- Minimal travelling required.
636 Kennedy Road, Scarborough.
Salary Range: $41,819 – $47,957 (to be pro-rated based on hours worked)
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Reception-Administration-JD-Sept-2023.pdf
How to Apply:
- Submit application to email@example.com – Please quote posting #1380 in the subject line.
- YouthLink is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We believe lived experience is an aspect of what makes an individual qualified for a role. As such, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Open Until Filled.