Receptionist/Administrative Assistant/Data Management – Job Posting 1219
YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
YouthLink Benefits are Top of Class!
- Competitive pay
- Health & dental coverage for you and your family with 100% premium cost paid by employer.
- *Annual vacation with pay at 1.66 working days for each calendar month to a maximum of 20 working days per year.
- *5 ‘authorized absence’ days for family illness or emergency circumstances that prohibit employees from reporting to work.
- *3 paid agency days every calendar year after 3 calendar months service.
- Maternity / parental /adoption leave top-up payments (to top-up Canadian government unemployment benefit payments).
- 100% premium cost for long-term disability coverage paid by employee.
- Eligibility to participate in pension plan after 2 years of continuous service with generous matching contribution from employer.
*(pro-rated for part-time employees according to the employee’s full-time equivalency (FTE))
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant/Data Management
(Permanent part-time, 21 hours/week)
As the first point of contact for clients entering our Head Office and you are responsible for delivering exceptional client service assistance. This position leads the smooth operation of the counselling reception area; greeting and assisting clients, responding to enquiries, maintaining a clean, welcoming, friendly environment, managing mailing and courier services, copying machines and all other technology, tracking and entering daily What’s Up Walk-in (WUWI) program and client data, opening and closing the office at 636 Kennedy. This position works with a team to provide administrative support to Managers and Directors at YouthLink’s head office.
This position supports and maintains all of YouthLink’s values, including a commitment to continually improving and embedding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in everything we do.
Highlights of Your Role
Maintaining Welcoming, Efficient Reception: Coordinates and manages the operation of the reception area, checking in on waiting clients to ensure their comfort, managing client flow and enquires, opening and closing of the office.
Ensures Accurate Data Entry: Handles sensitive and confidential client information with integrity.
Administrative Support to Senior Team: Assists senior team in basic administrative tasks.
Supply and Machine Maintenance: Operates and maintains fax, copier and postage machines. Keeps inventory, stocks and maintains company supplies.
Document and File Management: Supports organization’s file maintenance.
Supports Organization’s Strategy: Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall plan. This includes continual learning and growth in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Highlights of What You Bring
Education and Experience:
- College Diploma/Degree in Office Administration, Business Administration, Communications or Marketing and 2 years’ experience in an administrative role.
- Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Flexible person, team player with excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to shift priorities, handle interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent telephone skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to reflection, growth and learning, in particular in the areas of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated, intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Ability and discretion to deal tactfully with situations and clients who potentially may have challenging behavior. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- $39,801 – $45,643 (to be pro-rated based on hours worked)
Full COVID-19 vaccination and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/JD-Receptionist-Admin-Final-October-2021.pdf
How to Apply
- Submit application to email@example.com – Please quote posting #1219 in the subject line.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Position open until filled