YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
We welcome applications from candidates who reflect the communities we serve, particularly candidates from Black communities, Indigenous communities, and racialized people, persons with disabilities, members of diverse gender identities and people with lived experiences. We are seeking candidates who demonstrably operate and practice from an equity and trauma-informed lens. We encourage applications from passionate professionals who will help us dismantle systemic barriers and will embrace working outside of Euro-centric practices.
RELIEF – Receptionist/ Administrative Assistant/ Data Management
(Non-Bargaining Unit Position)
This position works with a team to provide administrative support at YouthLink’s head office and Pathways to Education, Scarborough Village locations: the operation of the reception area, greeting and screening clients, mailing and copying machines; producing documents using the computer, filing, ordering and maintaining company supplies, opening and closing the office.
This position supports and maintains all of YouthLink’s values, including a commitment to continually improving and embedding Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in everything we do.
- Coordinates and supports the operation of the reception area, including greeting and screening visitors and answering incoming calls and questions, transferring calls to appropriate staff, ordering supplies, and distribution of TTC tickets, ordering taxis, mail, courier services, monitoring visitors and waiting area, and opening and closing of the office.
- Assists counselling team on walk-in days, and with counselling appointments.
- Assists the Pathways to Education team with Volunteers administrative support.
- Assists senior team in formatting documents, filing, adding graphics, printing, ordering materials, and distributing materials.
- Assists in the preparations for events as required.
- Operates and maintains fax, copier and postage machines. Stocks and maintains company supplies: office, refreshments, bathroom and cleaning supplies. Sorts anddistributes incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, courier deliveries and copies; scans and faxes documents as required; other administrative tasks as required by the various programs.
- All other job duties as required.
Supports Organization’s Strategy: Actively contributes to the Agency’s Strategic Plan by participating in initiatives and committees to support the overall plan. This includes continual learning and growth in Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
This position is also expected to take all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect their health and safety, that of co-workers and clients by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices.
What You Bring
- College Diploma/Degree in Office Administration, Business Administration, Communications or Marketing or equivalent work experience and related education
- Preferably 1 years’ experience in an administrative role preferably in a non-profit/charitable organization where maintaining confidentiality was paramount.
- Demonstrated customer/client service skills.
- Ability to work independently, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Flexible person, team player with excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to shift priorities, handle interruptions and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Excellent telephone skills. Strong client-relations skills.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages and/or other languages is an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to reflection, growth and learning, in particular in the areas of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated, intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook Express, Excel and PowerPoint), other applications, and internet required. Proficiency in Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Project Manager, SharePoint and social media is an asset.
- Able to discretely and tactfully deal with situations and clients who potentially may have challenging behavior.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and set proper professional boundaries.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, including data-entry accuracy.
Hours of work: This position is a casual position. Shifts will be made available based on the availability.
Full COVID-19 vaccination and Vulnerable Sector Check required.
Rate of pay: $20.00 per hour
Full job description available here: : https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/JD-Relief-Receptionist-Admin-Assist-and-Data-Mgt-Nov-2022.pdf
How to Apply
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please quote “Posting File #1389” in the subject line.
- As an organization committed to equity and justice in our community, we believe lived experience and knowledge of equity, diversity, belonging and anti-Black racism is a critical component in our recruitment process. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact email@example.com.
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.