September 12, 2023
YouthLink is issuing a Request for Quotation (RFQ) for a consultant or consulting team to contribute to the agency’s ultimate aim of retaining and promoting diverse talent by conducting a comprehensive job evaluation exercise and recommending an appropriate compensation structures for unionized and management positions in the Agency.
YouthLink is an Ontario-based non-profit and registered charity focused on supporting at-risk youth through counselling, housing, shelter and education programs. Our staff of approximately 80 includes 24 unionized, 2 non-management and 19 management positions.
We have received funding from the Community Services Recovery Fund to respond to human resources challenges experienced during the pandemic. Our goal is to modernize how YouthLink approaches fair and competitive compensation and develop a talent management/career pathing infrastructure. We would like job descriptions to reflect required competencies and agency values, rather than focusing heavily on specific tasks.
YouthLink has a very collaborative relationship between management and the Union, and we are looking to maintain that strong collaboration throughout this process. We look forward to working with a consulting team that shares these values, and looks to support that relationship in this project.
Scope of Work
- Work closely with the CEO, Senior Director of HR, and the Director of Equity, Advocacy and Partnerships
- Develop a compensation philosophy for YouthLink
- Develop a job description template
- Conduct a job analysis for approximately 50 jobs.
- Develop job bands and pay structure with a clear path of how to progress though the stages of leadership roles.
- Develop pay administration guidelines
- Offer communication and change management support for the first stage of implementation, including training and support to job evaluation committee as applicable and management on implementation of the new approach and pay scales.
- Research market comparative for all positions
- Assist with decisions regarding “outliers” with regard to compensation
- A compensation philosophy that will be used to guide decisions and that is grounded in the agency’s values and Equity/ABR plan
- Revised job descriptions
- Job evaluations, employing a job-evaluation strategy that is gender neutral and pay-equity compliant
- A new job band and pay structure with salary grids
- Pay administration guidelines
- Competencies framework, including leadership development competency framework.
- Communication tools to share the results of the process with staff
- Establish a framework for maintaining the proposed job evaluation system
Requested funds should not exceed $60,000 (plus HST).
This project is to be completed by June 21, 2024
How to Submit a Quote
- Submit quote to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please quote “Job Evaluation Quote” in the subject line. Please include:
o Quote the range of cost for the scope of work requested
o Work plan outlining proposed process, activities to be completed and related timelines
o Considerations that will impact the quote
o Experience working with job evaluations and compensation structure for community-based not-for-profit organizations
o Estimated timeframe required to complete the work
o Three references from organizations of similar size and complexity including a social services organization to whom you have provided similar services. Please provide contact information including name of contract, phone no. and email address. (Please note that we will be looking for experience with organizations that are unionized where the job evaluation process was agreeable to the union.)
o A statement of the Consultant’s understanding of issues of confidentiality as applied to this project and disclosure concerning any potential conflicts of interest
o Any other information relevant to our RFP for job evaluation and compensation activities
- As an organization committed to equity and justice in our community, partnering with organizations that have competency in using a lens that promotes equity, diversity and combatting anti-Black racism is a critical component in our procurement process.
- If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact email@example.com
Download a complete copy of this Request for Proposal at: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/RFQ_JobEvaluation_YouthLink_Sept-12-2023.pdf
Application Deadline: September 29, 2023