YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
We welcome applications from candidates who reflect the communities we serve, particularly candidates from Black communities, Indigenous communities, and racialized people, persons with disabilities, members of diverse gender identities and people with lived experiences. We are seeking candidates who demonstrably operate and practice from an equity and trauma-informed lens. We encourage applications from passionate professionals who will help us dismantle systemic barriers and will embrace working outside of Euro-centric practices.
YouthLink Benefits are Top of Class!
- Competitive pay
- Health & dental coverage for you and your family with 100% premium cost paid by employer.
- Annual vacation with pay at 1.66 working days for each calendar month to a maximum of 20 working days per year.
- 5 ‘authorized absence’ days for family illness or emergency circumstances that prohibit employees from reporting to work.
- 3 paid agency days every calendar year after 3 calendar months’ service.
- Maternity / parental /adoption leave top-up payments (to top-up Canadian government unemployment benefit payments).
- 100% premium cost for long-term disability coverage paid by employee.
- Eligibility to participate in pension plan after 2 years of continuous service with generous matching contribution from employer.
Senior Manager, Business
(Permanent Full-time, 35 hours/week)
(Non-Bargaining unit member)
As part of the senior management of the Finance Department, this position is responsible for providing direction and leadership in financial business development and the modernization of the financial and reporting systems. The position supports to the Senior Director, Finance & Administration and other internal stakeholders through the provision of timely and accurate financial analysis. The position also ensures timely and accurate financial reporting to funders. This position is responsible for researching and recommending modern accounting, business and reporting processes and practices to the Senior Director of Finance and the Chief Executive Office of YouthLink. New innovations should strategically position YouthLink as an agile and resilient Not-for-Profit organization.
- Researches and recommends a modern cost-effective Cloud-based accounting software.
- Leads the implementation of any system changes.
- Implements an on-line payment system.
- Develops and implements training for new systems and processes.
- Updates policies and procedures congruent with the modernization of the accounting and payment systems.
- Reviews, recommends and documents improvements to internal controls, accounting and reporting systems
- Continuously reviews Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the Finance Department
- Coordinates with the Data Analyst to ensure that the reported KPIs accurately reflect the financial position of YouthLink
- Contributes to real estate analysis and planning through the development of prospectuses for funders and investors.
- Reviews cyber security protocols regarding potential risk to the agency.
- Reviews and develops an appropriate electronic filing system for the Finance department.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Along with the Senior Manager, Accounting coordinates the annual financial audit and assists in the preparation of audited financial statements and schedules.
- Prepares weekly disbursements.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports for funders with the Senior Manager, Finance.
- Coordinates the preparation of budgets for funders.
- Assist the Senior Director, Finance & Admin in the preparation of the YouthLink’s annual budget.
- Maintains contracts, leases and all legal documents and financial files.
- Shadows the Senior Director, Finance and Administration in the management of the Facilities Department.
- Prepare and oversees the facilities budget.
Management & Planning:
- Contributes to the strategic planning and reporting for the agency.
- Prepares ad hoc financial reports for the executive leadership of YouthLink to support Board and leadership decisions and planning.
- Takes all reasonable and necessary precautions to protect his or her health and safety and that of co-workers by complying and demonstrating knowledge of the policies, procedures and safe practices
Equity, Diversity and Belonging:
Proactively and enthusiastically stays updated on best practices as it relates Equity, Diversity and Belonging and organizational development. Works collaboratively with ABR Committee and Director of Anti-Racism, Equity and Belonging to embed best practices into all programs, operational goals and processes.
Additional duties as required.
What You Bring
- Undergraduate diploma/degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent combination of directly related qualifications and experience.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA, CMA or CA)
- Five or more years’ relevant experience in a senior accounting position
• Extensive knowledge of Accounting Standards for Not for Profit Organizations (ASNPO)
• Extensive knowledge and experience with accounting systems and software, budgets, internal controls, CRA and asset management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current and forward thinking business practices and processes.
• Knowledge of Cloud-based accounting software.
• Knowledge of current and emerging technologies in accounting and budgeting.
• Knowledge on on-line payment systems.
• Extensive knowledge and experience dealing with governance, accounting systems, budgets, internal controls, CRA, business planning, and asset management.
• Knowledge of facilities management and real estate
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel and other data transformation and modelling tools.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- High initiative and well developed analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills including writing, report preparation, and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational & time management skills.
- Team player
- Bilingual skills an asset
- Creates strategy and vision
- Collaborates with Partners and Stakeholders
- Achieve Results and Ensuring Accountability
- Equity, Inclusion and Belonging with a specific focus on Anti-Black Racism
- Demonstrates Strong Character and Judgement
- Up to date COVID vaccination certificate
- Vulnerable Sector Screen
Full job description available here: https://youthlink.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Senior-Manager-Business-JD-May-2023.pdf
How to Apply
- Submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org – Please quote posting #1348 in the subject line.
- As an organization committed to equity and justice in our community, we believe lived experience and knowledge of equity, diversity, belonging and anti-Black racism is a critical component in our recruitment process. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact email@example.com.
- Application Open Until Filled.