JOB POSTING File #1106
Based in Scarborough, YouthLink provides a range of mental health services proven to build resiliency & improve life outcomes for youth at risk.
Last year we reached out to more than 8700 young people and their families, helping youth to build connections with caring adults, develop their strengths, build new skills and pursue their goals for a more promising future. With the right support, guidance and opportunities, we believe that all youth can achieve their potential to succeed.
Visit our website www.youthlink.ca for more information.
DATE: October 9, 2019
PROGRAM: Leading Youth Forward to Empowerment (LYFE) (2 Positions)
LOCATION(s): Kennedy Park/Eglinton East/Scarborough Village
We are seeking a dynamic person who is committed to engaging youth involved/at risk of being involved in the criminal justice system to assist them in making pro-social lifestyle choices and reduce the likelihood of re-engaging in negative behaviours
• Assist with outreach and promotion of the program
• Create and facilitate workshops
• Assist with program development and evaluation
• Conduct interviews to determine participant eligibility
• Assist with social media engagement
• Utilize lived experiences to assist youth in making positive decisions
• Contact guest speakers and community leaders to co-facilitate group sessions
• Lived experience and knowledge of the criminal justice system
• Experience communicating within group settings
• An understanding of the strengths and capacities of, as well as the barriers and challenges faced by Scarborough youth, with a particular focus on factors affecting personal development of youth from diverse cultural backgrounds in low-income communities
• Knowledge of the various communities in Scarborough
• Good communication and interpersonal skills including ability to build meaningful rapport with staff, volunteers, and youth participants
• Knowledge of Anti-Black racism and the impact on youth
CONTRACT HOURS: 10 hours a week
One evening required
CONTRACT PERIOD: October 22, 2019 to June 30th, 2020
FEE FOR SERVICE: $14 per hour
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to
email@example.com quote #1106 no later than October 14, 2019.
YOUTHLINK values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to equity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of our communities.