YouthLink believes in the potential of every youth. We are dedicated to providing them with the support, guidance and opportunities they need to make positive life choices. We provide youth with brief and ongoing counselling, in-home wraparound support, shelter, housing, educational support, and safe drop-in spaces. YouthLink works towards equitable outcomes for youth in our community and, as such, is committed to equity-based hiring practices.
PROGRAM: Pathways to Education Scarborough Village.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Volunteer Engagement & Programming.
LOCATION(s): might vary between Virtual, Pathways office, Cedar Drive Jr. Public School, Scarborough Village Recreation Centre &/or Christ Church Scarborough Village
We are seeking a dynamic person who is committed to learning and who is interested in being part of the Programming Support team dedicated to creating a safe and inclusive learning environment.
- Control the flow of individuals coming in and out of the space, ensuring only program participants, volunteers and Pathways staff are able to enter the site.
- Track and input student attendance into the Pathways Academic Student System (PASS) database
- Conduct on-site environment checks and walkabouts as needed to ensure safety of everyone
- Communicate with volunteers, parents, students, and staff
- Support students with facilitating activities as required
- Support students with school work if required
- Assist with set up and take down of assigned programming locations
- Ensure that volunteers are signed in and out
- Completion of High School Diploma (OSSD)
- Understanding of group dynamics, youth social skill development, and building relationships
- Demonstrated leadership skills, conflict resolution and time management skills
- Comfortable with technology and virtual software such as zoom
- An understanding of the strengths and capacities of, as well as the barriers and challenges faced by youth, in the Pathways to Education program
- Knowledge of community, social service and educational resources for youth
- Good communication and interpersonal skills including ability to build meaningful rapport with staff, volunteers, and youth participants
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Lived experience as a resident in the Scarborough Village Community is an asset
- Ability to speak a second language in the community is an asset (Tamil, Urdu, Pashto, Farsi, Creole, Arabic, French)
- Reliability and punctuality
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check required.
- Proof of full COVID 19 vaccination required.
CONTRACT HOURS: Minimum 3 hours per week to 15 hours per week (maximum). Availability is required Mondays –Thursdays between 3:45pm -7:15pm.
CONTRACT PERIOD: May 24, 2022 – March 31, 2023
FEE FOR SERVICE: $15.00 per hour
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send your applications to email@example.com and quote #1261 on the subject line.
- YouthLink is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We believe lived experience is an aspect of what makes an individual qualified for a role. As such, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. If you have a disability and require accessibility accommodations with the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Deadline: May 9, 2022.