So what do you want to talk about?
Whatever it is, if it’s interfering with your life, and you’re between the ages of 12 and 21, YouthLink’s ongoing counselling at our 636 Kennedy Road location might be right for you.
Here are some reasons why youth come to YouthLink for ongoing counselling.
- Stress over school and tests
- Feelings of sadness or anger most of the time
- Frequent fighting with one or both parents, brothers or sisters, or step-family members
- Thoughts of running away from home
- Fears of coming out
- Loss of someone close to them
- Struggling to get out of bed during the day
- Drinking or using illegal drugs to cope
- Having thoughts about ending their life
- Dealing with a personal issue and want to talk to someone who can help
Ongoing counselling from YouthLink can support you in:
- Boosting your self-esteem
- Working through loss or grief
- Discovering your identity, values and strengths
- Overcoming obstacles at school and daily life stressor
- Coping with overwhelming sadness, fear, worry, anger, frustration and loneliness
- Managing parent, peer and intimate relationships
- Responding to bullying
- Navigating and responding to various forms of oppression (ie. racism, homophobia, transphobia, religious bias, sexism, etc.)
If this sounds right, the next step is to contact our Intake Worker at 416-967-1773 ext. 222. She is more than happy to talk to you about this service, and any of our others that might be right for you. She will also answer all of your questions about what you can expect by making use of YouthLink.
For Our service options page please click HERE.