YouthLink is proud to offer the award-winning Pathways to Education™ program to high school students living in Scarborough Village. Since 2009 we have been working with students, teachers, school boards and community members to support more students in Scarborough Village to graduate from high school and move on to university, college, training or a job!
- FOR GENERAL INFORMATION on the Scarborough Village program, see below.
- TO REGISTER for the Scarborough Village program, be sure to read the section below, “Can I apply for the program?”. If you can answer ‘yes’ to all 3 points, then call 647-351-0091 to book an appointment.
- FOR INFORMATION ON VOLUNTEERING for this program, see “Can I volunteer to help with this program” below.
- FOR INFORMATION on other Pathways to Education™ programs, click HERE.
Where does this program take place?
YouthLink’s Pathways to Education™ is located at 1 – 3545 Kingston Road, Scarborough, Ontario M1M 1R6 (Markham and Kingston Road, SE corner, behind the medical building.)
Our phone number is 647-351-0091 and the fax number is 647-351-0092.
Our office is open from 9 am to 6 pm Monday-Thursday, 9 am to 4 pm Friday.
What does the program offer to high school students?
Academic supports: Free tutoring 4 nights a week
Social supports: One-to-one mentoring to Grade 9 to 12 students; group mentoring to Grade 9 and 10 students; and post-secondary and career mentoring to Grade 11 and 12 students
One-to-one supports: Support connecting with other youth, parents, school administrators, teachers and community agencies
Financial supports: Immediate financial supports such as TTC tickets. Post-secondary education bursaries are also available, depending on funding availability and your participation in the program for at least 2 full years.
Can I apply for the program?
The YouthLink Pathways program is free to participants. To be eligible you must:
- Have been born in 2003 or later,
- Be entering grade 9, 10 or 11, and
- Live in one of the buildings listed HERE.
Your grades, income and the school you go to, so long as it is in Toronto, do not matter to your application.
How do I get into the program?
Step 1: Pre-register by calling 647-351-0091 ext. 221 or visit our office located at 3545 Kingston Road, Unit 1.
Step 2: Register in person. You will need to bring and show us proof of your address.
- Registration takes place once a year, from April to September.
Step 3: Re-register every year until you complete high school.
Can I volunteer to help with this program?
The YouthLink Pathways to Education Program requires skilled and committed volunteers to serve as tutors and mentors.
- If you are still in school, it’s a great opportunity to get volunteer hours and develop leadership and communication skills.
Join the dedicated team of Pathways volunteers and help YouthLink to provide support and guidance to young people in making positive life choices.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer in this program, please check out the links below then contact the following people to let them know of your interest and expertise:
- Volunteer Mentors (click HERE for more information): email@example.com
- Volunteer Tutors (click HERE for more information): pathways@
*To be a volunteer you must be over 18 years of age and complete a clear criminal reference check.
For complete general information or more program information, please contact:
647-351-0091 ext. 221 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For non-program questions or to share any concerns, please contact:
Amy Appelle, Senior Program Manager, 647-351-0091 x 222, email@example.com
To return to Our Service Options page click HERE.