Co-op housing with mentoring
YouthLink’s co-op housing program provides affordable housing for young people aged 16 to 21. Successful applicants stay for up to a year, with longer time periods possible upon application and review with the Youth Transition Worker and Live-In Mentor. During this time residents are able to maintain or enhance their schooling, employment or both. They can connect with community resources and social supports. YouthLink staff can assist them in transitioning to their next housing option, by helping them to access financial and housing supports as well as complete housing applications.
Is co-op living for me?
YouthLink co-ops provide a safe and inclusive environment for young people from varying ethnic, cultural and religious backgrounds, sexual orientations and gender identities.
Our co-ops are all located in Toronto: one downtown, two near the Danforth and one in Scarborough. All are within walking distance of public transit. Three of these homes have live-in mentors. One of these houses is for youth who are female or Queer/Trans identified.
Rent is $335 a month, with a $40 deposit. The rent covers furniture, the landline phone, cable for a shared TV, wifi, utilities, can cooking ware.
Residents provide for their own bedding, clothing, toiletries, food and transportation.
During the intake process our intake coordinator will set a move-out date for the youth to work towards.
Residents are responsible for:
- Planning their own daily activities;
- Being at school, work, a volunteer opportunity or training program or a combination of these;
- Preparing their own meals and buying their own groceries;
- Helping to clean the shared areas of the house;
- Functioning safely with themselves and others in an unsupervised setting; and for
- Following the rules and expectations of the program
If you meet this criteria then this program might be for you.
How do I apply?
- Call us at 416-967-1773 ext. 222
- Complete an application form and fax it to ATTN: Intake 416-967-7515 OR mail it to 636 Kennedy Road, M1K 2B3, ATTENTION: INTAKE
To return to Our Service 0ptions page please click HERE.